Live Cricket Match Score Board

Watch and Listen Live Sports News

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

England's Flintoff to retire from tests

England all-rounder Andrew Flintoff is to retire from test cricket at the end of the Ashes series against Australia because of persistent injury problems, the England and Wales Cricket Board said on Wednesday.

He will continue to make himself available for one-day and Twenty20 fixtures, an ECB statement said.

"My body has told me it's time to stop. Since 2005 I've had two years when I've done nothing but rehab from one injury or another," Flintoff said.

"It's been something I've been thinking about for a while and I think this last problem I've had with my knee has confirmed to me that the time is now right."






<< Home
Search Here For More Information :

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]